If you follow me on Facebook, you may remember me saying I have 7 lbs. of apples in my kitchen. So, I’ve been coming up with lots of ways to use 7 lbs. of apples. So far I’ve made Caramel Apple Cookies and Gluten Free Brown Rice Apple Crisp. This time, I decided to try my hand at some Apple Butter.
This Apple Butter is super easy and delicious. I didn’t want added sugar in my apple butter so I adapted the recipe a little bit. The entire jar of apple butter only has 3 tbsp of sugar. That’s it. 3. This makes it super cinnamon-y and yummy. And the best part? I barely did any work at all. Toss all the ingredients in a pot and let them simmer. Simple.
So what do you do with apple butter? Add it to your yogurt. Spread it on crackers. Toss it an apple pie. Add it to pancake mix. Or my favorite, eat it with a spoon. It’s only 25 calories for 2 tbsp. The perfect snack.
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Add all ingredients into a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Cook until apples are soft.
- Pour mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in a sealed Mason jar in the refrigerator.