I have been putting off writing this post for awhile.
Not because it is super personal or embarrassing or anything.
But because writing things down makes it real. Ya know?
If you’ve been following me on Facebook, you may remember me asking for dairy-free recipes/ideas/advice.
Because a few weeks ago, dairy started bothering me and I was forced to go dairy-free.
*Insert chaos here*
I have no idea how to go dairy free.
You want to know what my diet consisted of before this happened?
Yogurt and cheese.
There may have been some other things mixed in there, too.
But primarily, yogurt and cheese.
You know what else has dairy in it?
So I set out to make something dairy-free that I could eat.
Starting with this dressing.
Oh. my. yum.
Creamy, garlicky. You wouldn’t even know it was dairy free. Perfect.
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 packet Good Seasons Garlic and Herb Dressing Mix
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl or glass mixing cup, combine coconut milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 5-10 minutes to make "buttermilk."
- In a large bowl or glass mixing cup, combine "buttermilk", mayonnaise, dressing mix, and white wine vinegar.
- Whisk until smooth and combined. Add pepper to taste.
- Store in a 1 pt. Mason jar in the refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from Cooking with Curls